After not being able to use my longarm since early last fall, I have finally managed to make her work again! I replaced the rotary hook assembly and, as mentioned before, our good family friend, Blaize, fixed the issue with the motor shaft by drilling into it and putting a screw in so it wouldn't slip anymore.
Now, the longarm is still not perfect. In order to make it work, I have to turn it on, needle down, needle up, turn it off, walk around to the back of the machine, finish the stitch by turning the hand wheel a little bit more, turn it back on, walk around to the front, needle up, draw up the thread, and then I can start. I need to do this each time I have to start a new area of stitching or change threads or if the thread breaks or runs out. Like I said, it's not perfect, but at least it's working!
And, so, the quilt pictured above is one that I have finished this week to donate to Project Linus! Yay! Makes me want to piece again :)