Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Last Project Linus Quilt

Since tonight is our local quilt & craft club night's annual Project Linus blanket collection, I thought I would finish up this little baby quilt that I've had the top finished for awhile. So easy and fun to make and I'm happy to say that Lucy (my longarm) cooperated for this one, for the most part :) The bird fabric is my favourite fabric in the whole quilt, and really, it was the reason I made this quilt. I've been wanting to make a pink/yellow/orange quilt for some time now and when I saw that bird fabric, I had to use it! I bought a lovely 1/4 yard bundle from Down Shadow Lane on Etsy - the service was great and the fabric fantastic so I know I will be ordering from them again.















I think I have 5 or 6 blankets to donate this time to Project Linus. I'm hoping for more this next year, now that Lucy is working again. I am also hoping to make more boy blankets this year as I'm sure most of my donations are for girls this time. I really try hard to make them even, but, my being a girl means I tend to gravitate toward flowers and stuff ;)


But, I have a wonderful boy of my own and I know firsthand how difficult it is to get nice boyish things, and I am promising myself right now that I will make some really great boyish blankets this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment