Monday, June 28, 2010

UFOs

I spent some time in my sewing room taking a few quick pictures of my UFOs. This one is a picture of the fabric in the first quilt I would like to finish. It's a gift for my next door neighbour's daughter who just graduated grade 8 last week - so I still have a chance to be sort of be on time with this one!
This picture shows how far along I am with this quilt - it's just strips so it will go quickly at least.

This quilt just needs its edges serged. For the record, I hate binding and life is too short to do something you hate if you don't have to. So, I serge. The serging holds up very well to washing and drying, too.

This quilt is called "I Nearly Lost My Mind This Christmas, 2009". I think it's self-explanatory. All I did was take squares from my scrap pile and sew them together any which way until my sanity came back! The piecing is finished so I just need to get it up on Lucy (my Tin Lizzie 18) and get it quilted up so we can use it as a picnic blanket this summer.

I pieced this one at least 8 years ago. I don't really like it anymore but it will be sweet once it's quilted and will likely be donated to Project Linus. The piecing is finished and it just needs to be quilted. Have you noticed that I don't usually put borders on my quilts?
So, it seems blogger will let me add 5 photos per post so I will continue this in another post :)
Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment