Sunday, October 10, 2010

To Quilt or Not to Quilt

Today, I took some of my favourite fabrics out of the fabric cupboards and pieced them together, whether they matched or not, and got this:


A runner that I am in love with!!! It looks fantastic on the long table in my centre hall and makes me smile every time I pass it. I may even feel motivated to dust the table every once in awhile to make the runner look better :)
The question is: Should I make it a quilted runner or should I just back the way it is? I'm thinking I may just back it so that it lays really flat. I have a few photo frames on it as well as my Baby Brother sewing machine (my Mum used to sew on it when she was a little girl), and my 1906 Singer sewing machine. So, really, I think it will be better if it lays flat, so the frames will stay standing up.
Opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment